I have a race coming up: the Painful Elimination Race in Hudson, IL, put on by the Shady Hollow Trail Runners (8/26/17). Seeing that I had no supplies and spent very little time planning for this race, I was scrambling to get my shit together for the big day. That’s where Backcountry.com comes in. These guys are pretty much the bees knees when it comes to anything outdoorsy.
Here’s my top 5 reasons why I love these guys (and gals):
- They said my order wouldn’t arrive until Friday (the day I’m supposed to leave after work and drive 2 hours south for the race). They must have pulled off something masterful, because the order is going to be here on Thursday!
- Their live chat is amazeballs.
- I had no intention of buying trail shoes. Why would I? I mean, my trail name is “Road Shoes” — Buying trail shoes would be a sin, right? Anyhoo, i bought some new fancy trail shoes because they were on super-sale, and I have to say…they’re pretty amazing! Don’t worry Brooks Ghost 7, 5 & 3, you’ll still get your fair share of trail time. =)
- I bought a tent! Who wouldn’t get excited about that. lol… Plus, since I’m now a proud tent owner, I’ll be looking into some sweet backpacking trips.
- They called me. After I made my first purchase with them, one of ther “Gearheads” called me and introduced themselves, and made me feel kind of special. Maybe that’s why I proceeded to make 2 additional purchases on the site…or maybe it’s because of their super-crazy deals. Or maybe because I love the stickers they send with every order. #GoatsRule lol